These Peanut Butter and Jelly cookies are a fun, new take on traditional peanut butter cookies. My kids actually like them BETTER than the regular kind.
**This post is sponsored by Smucker’s but all opinions are our own**
These Peanut Butter and Jelly cookies are the perfect treat for the PB & J lover. A perfectly chewy peanut butter cookie with a little smack of Concord grape in the middle. This is a great little after school snack to serve the kiddos or a fun “lunch dessert” to throw in their lunchboxes.
For the centers of these cookies, I used the new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Concord Grape Jelly. I don’t know about you, but when I picture PB & J sandwiches (or cookies) I think of traditional grape jelly as the center. I like using the “Fruit & Honey” variety because it gives it a more natural flavor and cuts down on the excess sugar (granted, there is plenty of sugar in the peanut butter cookie part… I guess that gives you even more reason to cut out the extra sugar with the “jelly” part, right?)
As the cookies bake, the jelly expands with them and you have a nice little sweet, chewy layer. The jelly center doesn’t overwhelm the peanut butter cookie, which is nice. It actually balances out the flavor of the peanut butter cookie really well– just like a PB & J sandwich.
If you haven’t tried the new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey spreads, you really ought to give them a try! I have to admit, I was a little skeptical when I first tried them, thinking that they would be sticky and taste too much like honey… but they honestly just taste like regular jelly (or jam, depending on which one you try). The most dominant flavor is still the berry flavor (just like jelly or jam) and that just complements the natural flavor of the honey. You are going to love it!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter at room temperature smooth or chunky
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. Smucker's Fruit & Honey Concord Grape Jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly.
- Make dough into balls (about 1 1/2 Tbsp or a traditional-sized cookie scoop) then place onto ungreased cookie sheet, leaving several inches between for expansion.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon (or your thumb), press a hole into the top of each ball (do not flatten out.. keep the dough round. It will expand).
- Place about 1/2 tsp. of jelly into each hole so the jelly just fits in the hole.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Want more great COOKIE recipes? We have tons! Click here to check them out!
** This post was sponsored by Smucker’s but all opinions are our own**