This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
With just three simple ingredients, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are quick and easy to make. Fluffy, chocolatey and full of delicious (and healthy!) pumpkin.
How Are These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Only Three Ingredients?
Three ingredient cookies…too good to be true? That’s what I thought when my daughter brought home this recipe one day and insisted on making them immediately. But she was right, they were delicious! Besides that, they’re easy! They’re full of pumpkin spice flavors, fragrant ginger and cloves without having to measure out a bunch of spices. We make them often, especially when cookie cravings strike and we don’t have time for a longer recipe. Here’s all you need:
- Spice Cake Mix – this cake mix gives this recipe all the dry ingredients it needs and takes the place of having to measure cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cloves, allspice, ground nutmeg, etc.
- Pure pumpkin – you can use canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie filling or fresh pumpkin. No need for eggs, oil, vanilla extract or butter for this recipe!
- Chocolate chips – 12 ounces of chips is ideal for this recipe and balances out the pumpkin pie spice flavors perfectly
That’s it! The spice cake mix gives the cookies such a rich flavor and complements the dark chocolate. With the creamy texture of the pumpkin you’ll never even miss the oil or eggs. Try this fabulous pumpkin/chocolate combo in our Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake or our moist Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread or this sinfully rich and simple Chocolate Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
Are These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Healthy?
Because you’re omitting sugar, eggs, and oil, this is one easy cookie recipe you can feel pretty good about eating. Larger cookies (you can get about two dozen in this recipe) are approximately 95 calories a cookie! Smaller cookies, using a small cookie scoop or spoon are only about 60 calories each.
Plus, pumpkin is good for you! It’s chock full of vitamins and fiber. So you don’t have to feel guilty about enjoy a cookie or two…or three.
Tips For Making Drop Cookies
- Drop cookie dough is generally a bit thinner and stickier than other cookie dough. A cookie scoop or tablespoon works great to place the dough on prepared cookie sheets.
- Cover parchment paper on the baking sheet to keep the cookie dough balls from sticking.
- When baking these cookies, be sure they are cooked through. Oven temps vary and if you pull them out too soon, the cookies can still be doughy in the middle. A good rule of thumb is watch to see when they’re barely starting to show a little browning on top. That gives the cookies the perfect chewiness and cakey texture.
- Let the cookies cool on wire racks before serving.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. These cookies can be frozen too!
Add-ins for Pumpkin Cookies
Three ingredient pumpkin cookies are so versatile, you can add all sorts of yummy ingredients to make different flavors. Instead of chocolate chips, try some of these ideas:
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Dark chocolate chunks
- Dust powdered sugar on top
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box spice cake mix unprepared
- 1 (15 ounce can) 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together dry spice cake mix and pumpkin until completely blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop onto sprayed cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-9 minutes