This Pizza Pasta Salad is great for summer get togethers! It is loaded with pepperoni, tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
We make this pizza pasta salad all the time when we are feeding a crowd, a perfect side dish for BBQ’s and picnics. It is also a very kid friendly pasta salad.
The secret to this is the dressing, you have to get the Bernstein’s Restaurant Recipe Italian Dressing. It is sooo much better than your regular Italian dressings (no, this is NOT a sponsored post– I really do just like it that much). I have been able to find a bottle of it at just about every grocery store I have been to. It is good stuff!
For the noodles you can use rotini (our noodle of choice), but you can also use bowtie, penne, fusilli, we have even seen this made with spaghetti noodles. We like using the rotini noodles because it seems to hold a lot of the delicious dressing (see above).
Substitutions and Additions:
Feel free to leave any of the ingredients out if you think a family member wouldn’t like it. Our dad won’t do olives so if we know he is going to be eating with us we either make him a batch with no olives or we use whole olives so they are easy to pick out.
You can pretty much use any pizza topping you like as an addition to this recipe. Sliced mushrooms, chopped red onion, red or green bell peppers would all be great additions. I have even found cooked sausage crumbles that would be a great add-in. Be creative and make your pizza pasta salad as you would make your favorite pizza!
- Mix together all ingredients and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving. We like to put it in a tupperware container with a tight lid and flip it upside down, then right side up a few times while it is chilling to distribute the dressing into the pasta better.
If you love this Pizza Pasta Salad, you are sure to love these other delicious pasta salads too!
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad: BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad is a delicious side for sandwiches, burgers, or anything coming off of the grill.
- Light Greek Pasta Salad: Light Greek Pasta Salad a fresh, flavorful pasta salad that is perfect for lunch, dinner, potlucks, or BBQs! Great as a main dish OR a side dish!
- Layered Pasta Salad: Layered Pasta Salad is a colorful side dish for BBQ’s and potlucks. With layers of ham, eggs, salami, veggies, and cheese, it is hearty and delicious!
- Mom’s Traditional Macaroni Salad: This is the perfect, traditional macaroni salad. Always a favorite at BBQs, potlucks, and family gatherings!
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is the perfect salad for neighborhood BBQs or potlucks. You will love how easy it is and how good it tastes!
- Summer Pasta Salad: One of our favorite Summertime pasta salads! You will love how versatile this salad it. You can add just a few toppings or a bunch of different ones. Make it as simple or flavorful as you would like.