With the Super Bowl this Sunday, I though I would share an appetizer that is a favorite at our house. These are so addicting and delicious. And the chips are baked so that makes it a little healthier, right? The fruit salsa makes a huge batch so if you are feeding a smaller crowd you may want to half it.
- 2 Gala apples
- 2 peaches
- 3 to 4 kiwis
- 1 small package raspberries
- 1 small package strawberries
- (you can add other fruits too)
- raspberry preserves (or jam)
- raw flour tortillas
- melted butter
- cinnamon and sugar (mixed together)
- For the Fruit Salsa:
- Chop the fruit into small pieces and mix together in a large bowl. Add a heaping spoon full of white sugar, brown sugar, and raspberry preserves. Mix well and serve fresh.
- For the Cinnamon and Sugar Chips:
- Lightly brush each side of the raw tortilla with melted butter then sprinkle both sides generously with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Use a pizza cutter to slice (like a pizza) into 8 wedges. Place slices on a cookie sheet lined with cooking spray, do not overlap. Bake at 450 degrees until wedges look slightly golden. Immediately use a spatula to remove wedges from cookie sheet to prevent sticking while cooling. Serve with fruit salsa.