This is our family’s favorite recipe to use up those extra mashed potatoes from holiday meals or Sunday dinner. The ranch dressing mix gives it an extra boost of flavor that we love and how can you go wrong with cheese and bacon???
- 6 c. prepared mashed potatoes (I prepare with butter and milk)
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix, unprepared (I use Hidden Valley brand)
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, ranch dressing mix, 1 c. cheese, bacon and onions.
- Spread into large casserole dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated. Remove from oven and sprinkle top with remaining 1 c. cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted.
- Garnish if desired with extra bacon and green onions.
- Serves 6-8