I love this dessert because it is so fresh and yummy, but it also looks so pretty and can feed a crowd. There are a lot of fruit delicious combinations you can pair with the pineapple whip, from berries to bananas. I have also topped it with coconut and that is really good too! Looking back, I could have added blue food coloring to either the cake or pineapple whip and made it even more patriotic looking for the fourth of July!
- 1 box angel food cake, prepared in bundt pan
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 (15oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 small box vanilla pudding mix
- strawberries, sliced (or any other fruit you like)
- powdered sugar
- Prepare angel food cake. While cake is baking, whip heavy cream with electric mixer until peaks form. Add vanilla and sugar, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine crushed pineapple with pudding powder. Stir well. Combine pineapple mixture with whipped cream using a large spoon or spatula until well mixed.
- You can either top the entire cake with the pineapple whip or serve on individual plates.. either way is great. Top with raspberries, sliced strawberries, or any other fresh fruit. Dust with powdered sugar.