Angel Food Cake with Pineapple Whip
Angel Food Cake is one of those desserts that is versatile, delicious, light, and dreamy. You never feel overly full or overly-indulgent after a slice of this heavenly dessert — see what I did there? 🙂 — yet you are totally satisfied.
Make it Different
There are a lot of fruit combinations you can pair with the pineapple whip, from berries to bananas, making it one of the best summer dessert recipes. I have also topped it with coconut and that is really good too!
Perfect for 4th of July
Looking back as well, I realized I could have added blue food coloring to either the cake or pineapple whip and made it even more patriotic looking for the fourth of July! It’s always fun to doll up a delicious dessert for a holiday. You’ll be a big hit bringing this to your family or friend Fourth of July gathering.
Have Your Cake and Eat It Too
There are several other ways to enjoy a slice of cake. You might even want to make a few and offer a sampler cake platter at your next dessert night.
- Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake is rich, gooey and so quick to make! Perfect for when those chocolate cravings hit.
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are perfect for a party. It’s a fun ice cream illusion without all the mess and melting.
- 4th of July Cake is another fun way to celebrate Independence Day. Chilled with festive colors inside.
- Fresh Strawberry Cake is perfect year-round. It’s loaded with strawberries, both in the cake and on top.
- Ridiculously Delicious Chocolate Cake is perfect for the holidays. Simple, yet sinfully decadent. Ridiculously delicious!
How To Make Angel Food Cake with Pineapple Whip
- Prepare angel food cake. While cake is baking, whip heavy cream with electric mixer until peaks form. Add vanilla and sugar, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine crushed pineapple with pudding powder. Stir well. Combine pineapple mixture with whipped cream using a large spoon or spatula until well mixed.
- You can either top the entire cake with the pineapple whip or serve on individual plates.. either way is great. Top with raspberries, sliced strawberries, or any other fresh fruit. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Hand Mixer