This Chocolate Raspberry Cake is a delicious Dutch Oven recipe from our brother Devin. Devin is the Dutch oven KING. All of his cobblers turn out amazing and this one is no exception!
Chocolate Raspberry Cake
This Chocolate Raspberry Cake is a delicious dessert that is made in a Dutch oven. You can cook it in the oven, in a smoker, or with charcoal briquettes. It’s an easy dessert to make when camping. It serves 12-15 people and is great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Clean-up is much easier if you line the Dutch oven with a liner or foil.
The raspberry filling complements the rich chocolate cake beautifully.
Other Cooking Methods
The Chocolate Raspberry Cake shown here is cooked in a Dutch oven, but there are other methods you can use. Like a smoker! Using the grill feature on your smoker, bake this at 350 degrees for around an hour and 20 minutes. Or, if you’d rather try a conventional oven, feel free. Change the baking time to 40-45 minutes. If you do use the Dutch oven method, using charcoal briquettes you can plan on baking about 45 minutes, checking every 15 minutes or so.
More from the Dutch Oven King
Summer is a great time to head out on a family campout or family get together and, let’s be honest, food better be involved. Dutch oven recipes are a great way to cook while still socializing. There’re something about a campfire that brings people together. If you want to make a meal to go along with this Chocolate Raspberry Cake, you might try this Dutch Oven Chicken and Sausage paired with Dutch Oven Potatoes. For breakfast the next day, give this amazing Dutch Oven Cinnamon Roll a try.
How to make Dutch Oven Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Line a Dutch oven with foil.
- Pour melted butter on the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Add the 2 cans of raspberry pie filling on top of the butter.
- Sprinkle about 1 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries on top of pie filling.
- Spread cake batter evenly over the raspberries and pie filling.
- Place lid on dutch oven. (See baking methods below)
- Once the cake is finished, remove lid and let it cool for just a few minutes. Serve the cake warm with vanilla ice cream.
Options for Baking
- In a Smoker: Using grill feature at 350 degrees, bake for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes. Use the toothpick test to test for doneness.
- Conventional Oven: Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Using Charcoal Briquettes: Place the dutch oven on 8-10 heated briquettes. Add 16-18 briquettes on top of the dutch oven. Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour checking every 15 minutes or so.