Santa will not be disappointed if he finds these chocolate marshmallow cookies under the tree! We like them warm with the marshmallows still gooey!!! These are so easy to make and perfect to take to Christmas potlucks. Be prepared to have everyone asking you for the recipe!
- 1 c. shortening
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. baking cocoa
- 1 c. milk
- peppermint or regular mini marshmallows
- 3/12- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat shortening, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa) and mix together well.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Roll into balls by flouring hands and then rolling about 1 tsp. of dough into a ball.
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Place 4 mini marshmallows on top of each cookie and return to oven for 30 seconds.
- Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon over warm cookies (I like to put frosting in a gallon zip-lock bag, cut one of the bottom corners and squeeze about a teaspoon over each cookie!)