The other night we were making blue cheese burgers on the grill when I happened upon a bottle of Frank’s Hot Sauce. A light turned on in my head and I decided to hurry and whip up a creamy sauce to go over them… Oh. My. Gosh. They turned out amazing. In fact, my husband even said it was the best blue cheese burger he had ever had. The bacon, the blue cheese, the tangy dressing (oh yeah.. there was lettuce on it too.. see it? Healthy, right?).. it was like the perfect storm. Anyway.. here you go. Just in time for Father’s Day!
- 1 Lb ground beef (preferably 80/20 -- any less fat won't be as juicy)
- 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Frank's Red Hot Sauce (Original)
- 2 tsp dry onion soup mix
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/4 c. Frank's Red Hot Sauce (Original)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 Lb. thick-cut bacon (cooked)
- lettuce (to taste)
- blue cheese crumbles (to taste)
- grilled, sliced onions (optional.. but DELICIOUS)
- Combine hamburger ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with hands until just combined (you don't want to over-do it). Cover and allow mixture to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Form the beef mixture into 4 patties and grill for appx. 4-6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches at least 155-degrees. Remove from the grill and allow the burgers to rest for about 5 minutes (this allows the beef to continue cooking and reach a temperature of about 160-degrees before eating).
- In the meantime, combine sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat until very warm (you don't want it to be bubbling up). Stirring often.
- Serve burgers on buns with additional ingredients and a couple spoonfuls of creamy buffalo sauce.