I love these crescent rolls because they are easy and delicious. This recipe makes a large batch, so I like to freeze half of the dough after rolling into crescents. When you’re ready to use just thaw, let rise, and bake!
- 3 tsp. yeast
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6-6 1/2 cups of flour
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, dry milk powder, sugar, potato flakes, eggs, salt, and some flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into two 12in. circles and cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges, starting at widest end first, to form a crescent shape.
- Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled. Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.