Cranberry Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl has all the flavors of Christmas in one sweet, rich, easy to make bread. Tart cranberry, almond and sweet cream cheese filling. Delicious!
Cranberry Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl
I love everything about this Cranberry Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl. Every bite tastes like Christmas, and I’m not talking about fruitcake! I am not a big bread fan (I know, I know… what food blogger isn’t in love with bread?) so telling you that I am in love with this bread is saying something. I took a bite of this bread, and then another and I pretty much was half way through the loaf before I had to call people to come over and take the rest from me before I ate it all. Believe me, I really could have eaten every. last. bite.
Easy Sweet Bread Recipe
This sweet cranberry bread recipe is super easy to put together! It’s a recipe adapted from a Pillsbury recipe I saw years ago and loved. This kind of bread doesn’t require any kneading, no yeast, no waiting for it to rise, none of that. Cranberry bread has a soft texture, similar to muffins, or a sweet cake. Just mix the ingredients together and bake! That’s it. The beautiful color and texture make this an easy recipe to bake up when you have company coming, or as a gift.
Tips for Perfect Cranberry Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl
- This recipe is easy but you need to take a bit of time when assembling the ingredients so it doesn’t look like a mixed up mess. Part of the deliciousness of this bread is its presentation.
- Once the batter is mixed, gently fold in the cranberries and almonds. Don’t over mix!
- Work in layers. Spread half of the cranberry bread batter in the bottom of a loaf pan, then spread the cream cheese mixture, then top with another layer of the bread batter.
- Use a knife to get perfect cream cheese swirls in the bread.
- Once it bakes, you can’t really see the cream cheese swirl but trust me, it’s there! The swirl melts into the batter and helps keep a moist, light texture that tastes so yummy!
- Make a whole loaf, or bake into mini loaves and take to neighbors and friends for Christmas. Just wrap it tightly, add a bow and you have a gorgeous gift that everyone will love!
- Store this bread in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped. It’ll stay good for up to a week.
More Delicious Sweet Bread Recipes
If you like this recipe you’ll love these others!
- Pumpkin Bread (made three ways!)
- Zucchini Bread
- Sweet Coconut Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Homemade Banana Bread
- Easy Strawberry Cinnamon Twists
- Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
How to make Cranberry Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease bottom only of 9x5 bread loaf pan with shortening; lightly flour. In small bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg; blend well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in apple juice, butter, vanilla extract, almond extract and beaten egg until well blended. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Spoon half of batter into pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter and swirl batter with a knife a few times (to swirl the cream cheese through the batter). Sprinkle almonds over the top (optional).
- Bake 65 to 75 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.