I wish that I was eating one of these flatbread pizzas right now. I think I had one for at least three days in a row, I loved them that much! I have just been craving fresh tasting food and flavorful veggies lately, and this has quickly become one of my favorite healthy and delicious meals! Another bonus is they are so easy to make and hardly take any time to cook. I absolutely love this with goat cheese but if you aren’t a goat cheese fan, like my husband, it is also really yummy with the tomato and basil feta cheese.
- 1 package flatbread pitas (I found these at Costco in the bread section, not the bakery)
- 1 tub of hummus
- 1 bottle of roasted red peppers (you can find these by the pickles in your grocery store)
- 1 bottle of artichoke hearts (also by the pickles)
- 1 carton cherry tomatoes
- 2 to 3 small zucchinis
- 1 container of crumbled goat cheese (or tomato and basil feta - they are usually close to each other but the goat cheese is WAY better on this in my opinion!)
- Cut the zucchini into bite size pieces and saute it in a fry pan with a tiny bit of oil, just until it begins to look cooked (you don't want it to get too soft). Then chop up the roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts into small pieces.
- Take a flatbread pita and generously smother it with a layer of hummus (like you would pizza sauce). Top the hummus with the red peppers, artichoke hearts, zucchini, tomatoes, and then sprinkle all over with goat cheese.
- Place the pizzas on a cookie sheet and place under the broiler until the tops of the pizzas begin to get toasted. This only take a few minutes so watch it closely!