This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These Caprese Chicken Sliders are a tasty Italian style appetizer. The grilled chicken is a must! A fun “fusion” finger food perfect for any party!
Caprese Chicken Sliders
When it comes to food, I have so many favorites. But in general, if someone could just take me to Italy, that would be a dream come true. I think I would be perfectly content surviving on Italian food alone. Especially if they’re as good as these Caprese Chicken Sliders we whipped up the other day. They are so incredibly tasty! We made these for a fresh tasting appetizer the other day and they didn’t last long at all.
My husband was actually the brains behind the creation of this appetizer, we were thinking about making regular caprese chicken and ended up with this fun idea instead. I love that my husband loves good food. 🙂
Make Them Even Better
The only thing I regret was forgetting about the fresh basil and arugula I had in the fridge. That would have made them even better! We were so excited to eat these that I completely forgot about them. By the time I remembered the sliders were all gone. Don’t worry, they were still really tasty with some sprinkled dried basil and drizzled balsamic reduction.
Another Helping of Italian, Please
Like I said, Italian food has my heart. If you’re like me, you simply must try these other great Italian dishes.
- Italian Beef Sandwich is tender and full of flavor. The beef is slow cooked in savory juices with a little kick of spice.
- Chicken Parmesan is a hearty dish that is so easy to make. Zesty, gooey, cheesy and delicious!
- Quick and Easy Calzones are a delicious alternative to pizza. Warm dough filled with melted cheese and a variety of toppings.
- Easy Cheesy Manicotti is tender manicotti shells with three kinds of cheese in a savory tomato sauce. Simple dish that is hard to beat.
Caprese Chicken Sliders
- Outdoor BBQ Grill
- Cut each chicken breast into four or five pieces, then pound each piece flat and place into a large plastic bag. Mix together the dry italian seasoning, olive oil, and balsamic and pour over the chicken in the bag. Seal and shake the bag around so the liquid is well distributed then marinate in the fridge for at least an hour before serving- the longer the better!
- Remove chicken from bag and discard the marinade. Grill over medium heat, after the first side is cooked, top each piece of chicken with a slice of tomato, some basil, and a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- When chicken is fully cooked, carefully remove each piece and place on a slice of sourdough baguette bread. Sprinkle with dried basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction.