This Apple Dumpling Bites recipe is tasty little dough bites with cooked apples and caramel sauce! Best served hot with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Apple Dumpling Bites
These are a re-creation from a dessert we had at a restaurant the other night. I have to admit, our apple dumpling bites turned out even better! We were all fighting over the last bites. They are best served hot with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and extra caramel sauce. Try our homemade vanilla ice cream for an extra touch of delicious on the side.
We especially love this dessert in the fall when local apples are ripe. You can use any kind of apple for this recipe but we prefer tart and crisp apples, like Granny Smiths or Pink Ladies. Never make it with a really sweet and soft apple like a Red Delicious, it will not taste as good and get too mushy. Braeburn and Galas work great for this recipe too.
More Apple Recipes
If you have an abundance of apples this year or are just looking to try some new apple recipes, we have TONS to share with you!
- Dutch Apple Pie – This is actually baked in a brown paper bag. It sounds strange, but trust us, it is delicious!
- Disneyland Apple Pie Caramel Apples – These Mickey shaped Apple Pie Caramel Apples are as tasty as they are cute. A real treat for Disney lovers!
- Traditional Apple Crisp – I don’t know of many desserts better than apple crisp. Cooked apples with cinnamon and sugar topped with a brown sugar, oatmeal, and cinnamon crispy topping. Yum!
- Copycat Bleubird Turkey and Brie Sandwich – Have you ever had a turkey sandwich with slices of apple on it? You have to try it. It is so flavorful with Brie cheese and fig butter.
- Apple, Ham, and Cheddar Melts – Dress up a plain grilled cheese with two kinds of cheeses, apple slices, and apple butter. You have to try it!
If you want to see ALL of our apple recipes, click HERE.
How to make Apple Dumpling Bites
- In a large fry pan, melt together the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon over medium heat.
- Take half a package of Rhodes frozen dinner rolls and cut each roll into 4 quarters. Add the mini roll bites into the butter/brown sugar mixture and toss to coat. Place lid over fry pan and let cook while you cut and slice the apples.
- Turn over the rolls in the fry pan and toss in the sliced apples. The rolls should be nicely browned on one side.
- Continue to fry (stirring occasionally) until apples and rolls are thoroughly cooked.
- Spoon the mix onto a plate and drizzle a little caramel sauce over the top. Serve with a side of vanilla ice cream.