This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Homemade Salsa is the best kind of salsa! With vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh cilantro, onions and lime, you can’t beat the natural flavors.
Homemade Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes
This Fresh Homemade Salsa is so flavorful and good! Notice the little serving cup in the picture? Yeah, we had already eaten about 8 cups worth of salsa before this picture was taken and this little cup was all that was left by the time I got around to getting my camera out! Usually I am better at whipping the camera out before we chow down- but this salsa was just too good to stop and think about anything else! With so many fresh ingredients and spices, this salsa is my favorite by a long shot! I have been trying out different fresh salsas for years and this one is the best I have tried.
Tips for Making Homemade Salsa
I remember my first time making homemade salsa – I put all the ingredients in the blender and I didn’t use the pulse button I just turned it on, and before I knew it I basically had pink juice! I was so sad! So be very careful to only pulse a few times. Also, make sure to leave the green onions out until the end – they get too stringy in the blender. Just finely dice them and then stir them in at the end. If you like a chunkier salsa, you can leave a portion of the diced tomatoes out of the blender or food processor and stir them in at the end with the green onion. One final tip is that fresh ingredients make the best salsa so the fresher the better!
Recipes to Make with Homemade Salsa
- Mexican Lasagna
- Easy Chicken Tacos
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- 10-Minute Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- The Best Breakfast Burrito
- Easy Chicken Flautas
- Shredded Beef Taquitos
- Enchiladas with Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad Copycat
- Chicken Enchiladas
Other Homemade Salsa Recipes
- Food Processor
- 8 garden tomatoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 green onion diced
- 1-2 tablespoons diced jalapenos (Optional and to taste, this will add heat to the salsa. You can use fresh or canned)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT for the green onion in a food processor. Pulse the food processor a few times until everything looks diced, but not completely blended.
- Pour salsa into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the onion. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight to let flavors meld together.
- Serve with tortilla chips or with your favorite Mexican dishes!