Homemade Lettuce Wraps are a flavorful, healthy meal or appetizer. They are easy to make and taste as good as the lettuce wraps at your favorite restaurant.
These are a delicious low calorie dinner! We love lettuce wraps, we order them all the time when we go out to eat, but I think they taste even better when you make them yourself. This recipe is really simple but it all tastes so good when it is put together.
- 1 to 2 heads of lettuce
- 2 large carrots shredded with a peeler
- 2 large cucumbers in marinade see here
- 1 package ramen noodles cooked and drained-discard seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded
- 3-4 mushrooms chopped and grilled (optional)
- peanut sauce see here
- chopped peanuts
- Newman's Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Cut the cucumbers into thin wedges and marinate in the sauce while you prepare everything else. Core out the lettuce and pull off large leafs. Rinse each leaf individually. After you cook the chicken stir in the peanut sauce and mushrooms (we sometimes marinate the chicken in peanut sauce and grill it instead). We like to serve everything in individual bowls on the table so everyone can build their own lettuce wrap. Take a piece of lettuce and layer in all the other ingredients.