These Mickey & Minnie Caramel Apples are adorable and perfect for a Mickey & Minnie party. Recreate this Disneyland favorite in your own kitchen!
Mickey and Minnie Candy Apples
Aren’t these little Mickey and Minnie Candy Apples adorable? Whenever we go to a Disney Park, we make it a point to get some kind of candy or caramel apple. Since we can’t be at Disney all the time (even though we wish we could) we have found a way to bring the magic home with this recipe!
The Original Recipe
We found this recipe at GetAwayToday.com and have since become good friends with all the awesome people there. Yes, they are a travel site but they also have a blog where they post fun recipes and travel tips and GIVEAWAYS!!! That is where we originally found this recipe and they graciously agreed to let us share it here on Favorite Family Recipes. We LOVE working with Get Away Today and will continue to bring you great deals through our partnership with them. Click HERE to see all the current deals!
P.S. When you go to their site, use the promo code: FAVORITE for an added discount on your next Disney trip from your friends here at Favorite Family Recipes.
More Fun Disney Parks Recipes
Love these Disneyland Caramel Apples and want more fun Disney food? Give these other fun Disney treats a try:
- Disneyland Mint Juleps from New Orleans Square
- Disneyland Stuffed Jalapeño Cheese Pretzels
- Mexican Street Corn Cups from the Cozy Cone
- Disneyland Apple Pie Caramel Apples
How to Make Mickey and Minnie Caramel Apples
- Melt the caramels in the microwave.
- Add sticks to the top of each apple, then coat them thoroughly in the melted caramel.
- Place caramel apples on wax paper to set. (Cool completely)
- Use the marshmallows to create your Mouse Ears. Slice a small part of the marshmallow off to expose some of the inside sticky part. Press them onto the caramel apple. Attach them with toothpicks to secure them in place. (Just remember to take the toothpicks out before eating!)
- Melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave safe glass dish. Cook one minute at a time – stirring in between each minute cycle. It should only take about 2 or 3 minutes. Do not over cook the chocolate.
- Now you are ready to dip the apples! Dip them into the warm melted chocolate. Coat the entire apple and ears. You want a good even coating. Give the apple a couple of shakes to get the excess chocolate to drip off. Set on wax paper to cool and let cool completely.
- Cut some red bows ahead of time out of red ribbon, and while the chocolate is still semi-warm, press the bows onto the top of the Minnie apples.
- While the apples are cooling, gather the red sugar crystals, yellow jellybeans (for Mickey’s buttons) and white chocolate chips (for Minnie’s polka dots).
- Melt the white chocolate chips (except the ones reserved for polka dots) the same way as the milk chocolate. Dip the apples only half way up into the warm white chocolate.
- Attach the jellybeans (Mickey’s buttons) onto the white chocolate (it will act as your “glue”) and then completely coat the white chocolate with red sugar crystals. Follow this same process for your white chocolate chips (Minnie’s polka dots) and fully coat with red sugar. Transfer to wax paper and let cool completely.