Mint Juleps are one of my favorite things to get at Disneyland. They are perfect for a hot summer day with a little bit of mint, lemon, and lime flavors. The only place you can get these refreshing drinks are at the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans square. I love getting one of these drinks and an order of beignets and giving my feet a break at Disneyland. But now you can make them in your own home, and they are super easy to throw together. (Also check our list of all our favorite Disneyland foods HERE).
These drinks are non-alcoholic so they are perfect for all ages, my kids love them! The hardest part of this recipe for me was finding a bottle of creme de menthe syrup. None of my local grocery stores carried that flavor. Normally you can find these syrups near the coffee section. Luckily a lot of coffee shops sell the flavored syrups so I was able to get a bottle from Moxie Java. Check out our video and find the recipe below.
If you would rather just go to Disneyland to try one of these drinks, you can get a great deal from GET AWAY TODAY on your next trip. We use Get Away Today for discounts on booking all our Disney Vacations. They have awesome Lay Away Plans too that make saving for your next adventure so easy.
Check out our first video on how to make these yummy Mint Juleps:
- 3 cups sugar
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup creme de menthe syrup
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1/3 cup frozen limeade concentrate
- optional a few drops of green food coloring
- lemon wedges
- mint sprigs
- maraschino cherries
- Add sugar and water to a large sauce pan. Bring the mix to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then pour mixture into a large pitcher.
- Add the creme de menthe syrup, and frozen lemonade and limeade concentrates. Add a little green food coloring and stir to mix.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Pour over a glass with some ice and garnish with lemon wedges, mint sprigs, and cherries.
Other Favorite Recipes from New Orleans
We are big fans of the delicious flavors in New Orleans and have made a bunch of yummy copycat recipes from our visits there.
- Mini Beignets
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Cajun Chicken Po’ Boys
- Pecan Pralines
- Creole Butter Shrimp
- Cajun Style Grill Foil Packets
- One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
- Red Beans and Rice
- Shrimp Po Boys with Creamy Cajun Sauce