Red Velvet Brownies are everything you love about two classic desserts—combined! Mini chocolate chips are topped with a rich cream cheese frosting and then are drizzled with a delicious vanilla raspberry sauce. You won’t believe how simple these brownies are to make…or how incredible they taste.
Red Velvet Brownies
I’ll admit it. I had never heard of red velvet brownies, but once I got the idea of combining two of my favorite desserts, I was determined. I made this recipe multiple times until it was just right, as we are very picky about our brownies around here.
For my family, the ideal brownie needs to be rich and delicious, not too cakey, and not too gooey. I’m happy to report that these red velvet brownies meet all of the above qualifications, plus they are beautiful to look at! It’s the perfect dessert to make for the people you love on Valentine’s Day or any other time you need a pick me up!
What Makes The Red Velvet Brownies So Good?
These red velvet brownies have a lot going for them. They have that rich red velvet flavor that’s enhanced by bits of mini chocolate chips that are mixed in.
Plus, they are topped with a creamy, rich cream cheese frosting. It’s out of this world and super easy to make, too.
On top of it all, there’s a delicious vanilla raspberry sauce drizzled over the top, along with even more tiny chocolate chips sprinkled on top. In my opinion, the raspberry sauce is what really sets this recipe over the top, it is seriously amazing!
Sour Cream Cake
There’s one other ingredient in these red velvet brownies that you may not be expecting: sour cream. It may seem like a weird addition but it gives these brownies the perfect texture and taste.
This recipe only calls for 1/4th cup of sour cream to be added to the cake mix, but it truly makes a difference. Try it and see!
More Topping Ideas
You can change this recipe up when it comes to toppings. These red velvet brownies work well with many flavors. If you want to skip the frosting, you can serve them plain, dusted with powdered sugar, or even topped with ice cream.
Other Cake Mix Recipes:
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat
- Lemon Bundt Cake
- Cake Mix Cornbread
- White Chocolate Raspberry Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat
- Double Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake
- Cake Mix Coffee Cake
- Easy Molten Chocolate Cake
How to Make Red Velvet Brownies
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Combine all the brownie ingredients in a medium size bowl until everything is mixed together but do not over mix. Line a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and evenly spread the brownie mix into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or when a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar (start with1 cup then keep adding more until it is nice and thick).
- Cool brownies completely then spread cream cheese frosting over the top.
For the Raspberry Glaze
- Combine and warm all ingredients in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Drizzle with raspberry sauce and sprinkle with extra mini chocolate chips.
- 9x13 inch pan