This Double Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake is what dreams are made of. The bits of crushed Oreo in and on top of this cake are just heavenly. Add homemade cream cheese frosting to the mix and you have perfection.
Double Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake
Oreo lovers, this one is for you. Even if you don’t love Oreos you will LOVE this Double Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake. The inside of this cake is perfectly moist and chocolate-y. The Oreos soften while baking so you get these little chocolate-y bits bursting with creamy “stuff”. Add some crushed Oreos to the top to get a little crunch on each slice. You can even serve with a side of extra crushed Oreos to put it over the top (I love the crunchiness).
Easy as… cake
This is such an easy cake to make when you are trying to impress. It looks a lot more difficult than it is. When I made this a few weeks ago and brought it out on a pretty platter, it got so many “oooh’s” and “ahhhhh’s”. If you want to spruce things up a bit or add some variety, try using different Oreo flavors. With Christmas coming up you can use the mint Oreos (my personal favorite) with some of the Oreos with red filling and make a beautiful and colorful Christmas Oreo bundt cake. You can really dress it up for ANY season — Oreo always has tons of fun flavors. Planning for a crowd? Don’t worry. You can easily serve 10-12 people with just this one cake. Perfect for company Christmas parties or potlucks!
Other Oreo recipes:
Who doesn’t love cookies and cream? We have some other Oreo recipes you should definitely check out!
- Soft Homemade Oreo Cookies – these are a family treasure and possibly my favorite cookie ever.
- Easy Mint Oreo Truffles – easy truffles made with crushed Oreos.
- Mini Grasshopper Cheesecakes – little yummy Oreo mint Cheesecakes.
- Asphalt Pie – a frozen Oreo dessert drizzled with caramel.
More Bundt Cakes:
We LOVE bundt cakes and have a variety of flavors on Favorite Family Recipes. I like to make different ones on different times of the year. Here are some of my personal favorites and when I like to make them.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake – great for Valentines or any time of year.
- Lemon Bundt Cake – I like this best in the spring and summer months.
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake – Anytime, but especially for Christmas and birthdays!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake – I like this best in Autumn months.
How To Make Double Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake
For the Cake:
For the Frosting:
- 12 Oreos 6 whole, 6 crushed
For the Cake:
- Mix first six ingredients together with a beater. Add mini chocolate chips and crushed Oreos. Pour into a greased bunt cake pan (cooking spray works best). Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 mins. Remove from oven. Let cool for 20 mins. Remove from pan. (I think it tastes best if you put it on a serving plate, wrap it well in Saran Wrap, and let it sit overnight in the fridge before frosting and serving..)
For the Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar (start with 2 cups then keep adding more until it is nice and thick). Spoon into a large plastic bag and cut a large hole in the corner. Pipe thick strips of frosting over the cake.
- Add the 6 whole oreos into the frosting, then sprinkle on the crushed Oreos.
- Bundt Pan