This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This S’mores Dip is the EASIEST and QUICKEST dessert to make. All the flavors of a campfire favorite, but at home!
I absolutely love s’mores! There’s nothing like the taste of that graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow to get me in the mood for a summertime campfire. But when you can’t make a fire, you can whip up this delicious dip! It takes about 15 minutes to put together and it is ooey-gooey perfection. Gather the family around for an indoor game night and start scooping this delightful smores dip!
Sometimes we think it’s fun to make an entire meal out of dip recipes! Try serving this 7-Layer Dip and this easy Fruit Dip with the s’mores dip for dessert. I call that a well-rounded meal!
S’mores or Smores?
With the apostrophe or without? Technically both terms are correct so I’ll probably alternate in describing this s’mores dip. Either way, this smores dip is as delicious and as versatile as its spelling. See?
Ingredients in S’mores Dip
As far as ingredients, there are only three in this smores dip and I bet you can guess what they are! For this recipe, here’s all you’ll need:
- 6 Hershey’s Chocolate Bars – you can also use chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips or a mixture of both.
- 3 cups of mini marshmallows – I would shy away from using the giant puff marshmallows, because they don’t melt as well in this dish. You could try marshmallow fluff on top if you don’t have any mini marshmallows on hand.
- Graham crackers – honey, cinnamon, use whatever flavor you like to dip into the melty chocolate and marshmallow goodness.
- First, preheat the oven to 350. Then fill the bottom of a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe pan) with the chocolate pieces. It doesn’t have to be perfect because they will melt together.
- If you don’t have a cast iron pan, don’t worry! It can bake in any kind of baking dish: a pie plate, 8×8 casserole dish, etc.)
- You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave, but the marshmallows won’t toast up as nicely in the microwave, so the oven is definitely best.
- Bake the chocolate in the oven for 3-4 minutes, or until chocolate is melted. If there are holes where you can see the bottom of the pan, use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate over the holes.
- Then, top with marshmallows.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy and toasted golden brown. When you first take it out of the oven, the marshmallows will be super tall and puffy. They will fall a bit after they sit on the counter for a minute, but don’t worry! It still tastes absolutely delicious!
- Serve your S’mores Dip immediately.
What to Dip in S’mores Dip
Obviously we love to dip graham crackers in it but get creative and try some other ideas:
- Vanilla wafers
- Ritz crackers
- Potato chips (the sweet and salty flavors together are so good!)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
More Dessert Dips You’ll Love
I love any kind of dip, but especially dessert dips! If you love this s’mores dip, try some of our other favorites!
- Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Pumpkin Dip
- Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
How to Make S’mores Dip
- 6 Hershey's Chocolate Bars
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- graham crackers or other snacks for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350. Layer the bottom of a cast iron skillet or other oven-safe pan with chocolate pieces. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until chocolate is just melted.
- Remove from the oven and top melted chocolate with marshmallows.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until marshmallows are puffy and toasted to your liking. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Did you try this recipe?
Share It on Instagram!
Mention @favoritefamilyrecipes or tag #favoritefamilyrecipes!
My family went crazy for this! We drizzled some leftover caramel on top of the chocolate before we added the marshamallows, wowza!!
Chocolate bars and marshmallows. My kids will love this! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This works great for a party! We like to dip pretzels and vanilla wafers in addition to graham crackers.
I can’t believe how easy and delicious this is! And, I love your suggestion of using Reese’s peanut butter cups sometimes! So good!