This is hands-down the most hands-off recipe for French dip sandwiches that you will ever get your hands on 😉 You can use the extra Au Jus to make French onion soup. Just melt some Swiss or provolone cheese over the top! The next day we didn’t have any more of the “good” bread so we made grilled roast and cheese sandwiches on regular bread. They were delish! The possibilities are endless with this recipe!
- 2-3 Lbs. oven roast
- 2 cans beef broth about 4 cups
- 2 pkgs Lipton Onion Soup mix
- French hoagie or sub rolls whatever bread you like to do
- Swiss cheese slices
- Put oven roast in a crock pot. Add beef broth and soup mix. Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours. Shred roast with a fork, then return the shredded beef to the crock pot for a few more minutes (to absorb more of that juicy goodness).
- Slice open the bread and place a good amount of beef on one side (scoop out some of the bread first if you don't like it really bread-y). Place a slice or two of Swiss cheese over the shredded beef and broil for a minute or so until cheese starts to bubble and brown a little. Remove from broiler and serve.
- Use a ladle to scoop out some of the juice from the crock pot and serve as au jus.