This Wassail recipe is filled with citrus flavors and hints of cinnamon and clove. This version of the Wassail recipe makes a delicious powdered mix—simply add hot water and enjoy!
When its cold outside, sometimes the most soothing thing is a warm drink. Hot chocolate is always a favorite, but if you’re in the mood for something sweet, spicy with a fruity, cinnamon flavor, you will love this Wassail Recipe.
The best part of this recipe is that once you make a batch, you can enjoy it for weeks! If you make the Wassail recipe as directed below, you’ll end up with enough to make 20 servings of soul-warming citrus-y goodness.
What Is Wassail?
Wassail is a traditional Medieval Christmas drink for the English as part of a ritual to ensure a good cider apple harvest for the year. You’ve likely heard the Christmas carol, “Here we come a wassailing…” Well, this is the drink about which they sing. Traditionally the beverage was made of hot mulled cider with curdled cream, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, sugar, and roasted apples.
This Wassail Recipe with its cinnamon, sugar, and cloves will give off a delicious aroma throughout your whole home. It is one of the coziest ways to spread some good fall and winter cheer for all your loved ones.
Wassail is great for colds too. It feels so good on a sore throat. The best part is that once it is made, all you have to do is add a couple of spoonfuls to a mug of hot water and it’s ready! Definitely a nice change from tea or coffee.
Give the Gift of Wassail
This Wassail mix makes an easy neighbor gift during the holidays or a fun white stocking stuffer. It’s easy to do and everyone will love it!
Just make the Wassail recipe as directed below, then spoon portions of the mix into individual airtight containers. I even have a little gift tag printable that you can use to make it super simple(click on the image below).
More Christmas Gifts
Pair this delicious Wassail mix with some of these other treats for an even more abundant Christmas gift.
- Pecan Chewies are a fun gift for the holidays, as well as birthdays, teacher presents, and more. It’s the gift of warm, fresh cookies at home.
- Muddy Buddies are a classic treat you can’t stop eating! It’s all the crunch and sweetness you have been craving, and it’s really easy to make.
- English Toffee is so easy to make and has the perfect crunch and can be used with almonds of peanuts in the center.
Try These Other Warm Drinks:
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice Cider Copycat
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Steamer
- Candy Bar Hot Chocolate
How to Make the Wassail Recipe Mix
- In a large bowl, add only about 1/2 cup of the Tang and the 2 tsp vanilla. Mix well, then add all the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Store in an large airtight container or in individual containers with lids to give as gifts.
- To serve: Mix 2 heaping spoonfuls into a mug of hot water and stir.