These Chewy Pecan Cookies are full of crunchy pecans in a buttery cookie. Give the gift of fresh cookies at home to neighbors, teachers, and friends!
Chewy Pecan Cookies
These deliciously chewy pecan cookies are a favorite all year round, but I especially love giving this mix to co-workers, teachers and friends during the holidays. Mixes are especially nice to give and receive. Sometimes we have more treats laying around the house in December than my family can eat and some things become stale and aren’t as good after a few days. With a mix, I can hold on to it for a time when we can really use it and the cookies can be eaten when they are fresh and warm right out of the oven.
These cookies have a sweet crunch from an ingredient I don’t normally use when baking cookies: Rice Krispies cereal! I mean, I love a good Rice Krispies treat, but I rarely include them in cookie dough that needs to bake. But the crispy cereal gives these pecan cookies an added crunch in the chewy, buttery cookie. Try it, I promise you’ll love the light and crispy texture.
Chewy Pecan Cookies in a Jar
When giving a gift in a jar, there are lots of fun, creative ways to decorate the jar and to attach the directions.
- I usually keep it pretty simple by punching a hole in the corner of the directions tag, stringing a ribbon through the hole, and then tying it around the lid.
- If the ribbon I’m using is wider than the whole punch, like in this picture, I tie the direction tag on with a string or yarn and then tie the ribbon over it.
- Click here for a free download of the gift tags in the above photo.
More Holiday Treat Recipes
Want some more ideas for gifts this holiday season? Try any of these yummy recipes! Everyone loves receiving a delicious treat.
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Pecan Pralines
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Muddy Buddies
- Caramel Pecan Truffles
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
How to Make Chewy Pecan Cookies
To make cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder together. Stir in oats, pecans, and rice cereal.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Blend well.
- Scoop dough in approximately 1 1/2 inch balls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
For Pecan Chewie Mix in a Jar:
- Using a wide mouth, quart-size glass jar, layer ingredients in the order given on the ingredient list starting with the white sugar on the bottom and ending with the flour mixed with 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- After each ingredient is added, press it down firmly in the jar using the bottom of a narrow drinking glass or cup.
- Place the lid on the jar and tie the directions onto the jar with a decorative ribbon.