These Tomato Pesto and Chicken Cibatta Sandwiches are SO GOOD and packed with flavor! You are going to love them!
Tomato Pesto & Chicken Cibatta Sandwiches
- 1/4 c. sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 Lb. chicken breasts
- Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- avocado, sliced
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise in a small bowl, stirring to blend.
- Sprinkle chicken with Montreal seasoning. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken to cutting board, and cool slightly. Cut chicken lengthwise into thin slices.
- Preheat broiler. Cut ciabatta rolls in half horizontally. Place bread, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove bread from pan. Spread pesto mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Arrange chicken slices evenly over the bottom half of the bread slices. Top chicken evenly with cheese. Place on baking sheet, and broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from broiler and top with bell pepper, tomato, avocado and lettuce (and of course the top half of the bread). Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve.
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012