I got this recipe from my sister, Elise. It is one of those really quick, easy recipes that tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen. I have had the Olive Garden Chicken Marsala and I like this one much better. It has way more flavor! This makes about 8 normal servings… we usually half the recipe. Thanks Elise!
- 3 Lbs. chicken breasts cut into strips (or 3 lb. bag chicken tenders, thawed)
- 3/4 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 4 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 pkg. (24 oz) fresh sliced mushrooms- (from Costco)
- 2 c. Marsala cooking wine
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. milk or whipping cream
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c.corn starch (or more if needed)
- Spaghetti or Fettuccini noodles (prepared)
- In a lg. zip lock bag combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano. Add chicken and shake until well coated.
- In electric fry pan or lg. skillet combine butter, garlic and oil. Add chicken. Cook over medium heat (about 300 degrees) until done, turning after about 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms 3 min. Add marsala, chicken broth and milk or cream to mushrooms.
- In bowl, combine water and corn starch until smooth. Slowly add corn starch mixture to marsala sauce until thickened. (I like it a little thicker...about the consistency of gravy. Place chicken back into pan and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked noodles.