This is a recipe my Mom made ALL the time when we were kids and we always devoured it. However… she always used rice instead of quinoa (feel free to do it the original way with rice if you aren’t in the quinoa mood). I wasn’t sure how it would come out with the quinoa instead of rice.. but I loved it! I hardly noticed a difference at all (and neither did my 2-year-old). If you aren’t the biggest fan of quiona and want to ease your way into making it a part of your diet, this quinoa casserole is a good place to start. Oh and another added note.. this also tastes great if you do 1 cup of Greek yogurt instead of the 1/2 c. mayo & sour cream.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ c. sour cream
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 1 c. milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 c. cooked quinoa (prepared according to package directions)
- 3 c. shredded chicken
- 2 c. cooked broccoli
- 2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. In a large bowl combine cream of chicken, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, milk, and salt & pepper.
- Gently stir in quinoa, chicken, and broccoli.
- When evenly covered in sauce, spoon mixture into 9x13 glass baking dish and bake at 350-degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese, and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.