This Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken is so easy.. really, it is almost TOO easy. Really, I have hesitated even putting it on here because it is so easy. I love making it on those days I really just don’t feel like making dinner. Most of the time we will serve this over just plain, cooked white rice but sometimes I will serve it with cilantro-lime rice. Both ways are great. This chicken is also really good shredded.. you can add it to tacos, enchiladas, taco soup.. etc. I like to make extra just so I can shred up the leftovers and use them later on.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16oz jar salsa verde (We like to use Herdez or Trader Joes)
- 1 1/2 c. Monterey jack cheese shredded (or to taste)
- 1/3 - 1/2 c. chopped cilantro optional
- Spray Crock Pot with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts evenly over the bottom of the crock pot and cover evenly with salsa verde.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours or until cooked through. About 30 minutes to an hour before serving, sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken. Remove individual chicken breasts from Crock Pot, sprinkle with cilantro (optional) and serve!