This crock pot salsa verde chicken is so easy to make. Packed with a perfect blend of delicious Mexican flavors, no one has to know you didn’t spend all day working on it.
Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
This Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken is so easy.. really, it is almost TOO easy. I have hesitated even putting it on here because it is so easy. Lucky for you, I changed my mind because it is so flavorful. And easy. Did I mention that already? I love making it on those days I really just don’t feel like making dinner. Most of the time we will serve this over just plain, cooked white rice but sometimes I will serve it with cilantro-lime rice. Both ways are great. This chicken is also really good shredded and added it to tacos, enchiladas, taco soup, etc. I like to make extra just so I can shred up the leftovers and use them later on. Basically it turns one simple meal prep into several super simple meals.
Best Salsa Verde to Use
When it comes to choosing a which salsa verde to pour over your chicken in this Salsa Verde Chicken dish, we have a couple in mind. Herdez Salsa Verde and Trader Joe’s brands are at the top of our Salsa Verde Chicken recipe list. Herdez offers a unique, fruity tang to its blend of fresh green tomatillos, spicy serrano peppers, piquant onions and fresh cilantro. Trader Joe’s is an equally delectable blend of fresh tomatillos, green chile, savory onions, jalapenos and spices. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this Salsa Verde Chicken. Just open the bottle and let the crockpot do the work.
Crock Pot cooking tips
Make your Salsa Verde Chicken even better with a few of these crockpot cooking tips:
- Preheat the crock pot.
- Keep the lid closed during cooking.
- Avoid over-crowding the crock pot.
- Don’t throw in frozen food (unless a specifically packaged frozen meal for crock pots).
- Cheaper cuts of meat work well in crock pots. The additional fat and connective tissue means juicier, more tender meat.
- Add dairy at the end of cooking process to avoid over coagulation.
Mad for Mexican?
If you love that spicy south of the border flavor, don’t miss these great recipes:
- Mexican Lasagna is a cross between enchiladas and lasagne that is perfect for anyone who loves corn tortillas, meat sauce, and cheese layered and topped with your favorite Mexican toppings!
- For a meal that is high fiber, low fat and very flavorful, you definitely want to give this Mexican Chili in a Tostada Bowl a try.
- Easy Mexcian Chicken Flautas are a simple, family-friendly meal that won’t take you all day to prepare.
Or if you’re just looking for something easy and delicious, check out our Crock Pot Pork Chops.
How to make Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
Spray Crock Pot with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts evenly over the bottom of the crock pot and cover evenly with salsa verde.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours or until cooked through.
About 30 minutes to an hour before serving, sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken.
Remove individual chicken breasts from Crock Pot, sprinkle with cilantro (optional) and serve!