This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Broccoli Cheese Soup is warm, inviting and loaded with cheesy goodness! Add potatoes and chicken to this soup for extra flavor. A delicious dinner any night of the week!
Broccoli Cheese Soup
This Broccoli Cheese Soup reminds me of the broccoli cheese soup that they make at The Pizza Factory. Creamy, cheesy soup with vibrant broccoli is one of our favorite soups on a cold day, or as a fragrant spring supper. We love to add tender chicken and potatoes for extra bulk. This is optional but oh, so delicious! Serve it in a bread bowl for a fun weeknight dinner!
Suggestions for this Recipe
- Using Velveeta cheese in the soup base gives it a creamy, cheesy flavor and it saves you a lot of work!
- You can make this soup with just broccoli and cheese and it is absolutely delicious. However if you want more of a substantial, hearty soup, try adding chicken and potatoes. So yummy! Try it and you’ll be amazed!
- This Broccoli Cheese Soup will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat the soup in a saucepan on medium heat for a few minutes until it’s hot.
- You can use fresh broccoli or frozen broccoli in this recipe. Fresh broccoli will take a little bit longer to cook than frozen, because frozen broccoli is already blanched and cooks more quickly.
- Top this soup with shredded cheese, bacon, green onions, anything else you like! It’s such a versatile recipe. Enjoy!
More Delicious Soup Recipes
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Simmer chicken in broth for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and then broccoli to the top of the chicken. Cover pot and steam on low heat for 7 more minutes.
- In separate pan over low heat melt butter, bouillon, milk, and cheese together. (If you prefer, you can add all to a glass bowl and microwave. Cook on high for 3 minutes. Stir well. Cook on high for 1 more minute. Stir.)
- Mix sauce with chicken and veggies. Do not drain broth.
- (You can leave out the potatoes and chicken if you prefer just broccoli).