Feed and fool your friends and family this April! These April Fools’ Mini Hamburgers are easy to make, fun little bite size treats that are yummy and sure to get some laughs!
The idea for these darling mini hamburgers came from a friend I used to work with back in the day. This is a great April Fools’ recipe for kids. No baking involved, just assembling (see recipe below). Kids love tricking their friends with these. Cut up little apple slices to look like mini-fries and you have a full-on “Happy Meal”!
Suggestions for Mini Hamburgers
- Make sure your peppermint patties aren’t too big. The mini York patties work great or any kind that are just bigger than a quarter.
- To get that “lettuce” look toss a little shredded coconut with a drop of green food coloring in a bag.
- Use a little bit of honey on the top of the ‘nilla wafer to get the sesame seeds to stick, making it look like a hamburger bun.
- These are fun to serve with some apples cut into matchstick size, for a mini burger and fries “meal”.
How to Make April Fools’ Day Mini Hamburgers
- To assemble the burgers, choose two Nilla wafers.
- Spread icing "ketchup or mustard" on the bottom bun, add a peppermint patty, and sprinkle with coconut lettuce. Add a squirt of icing ketchup or mustard to hold the top bun in place.
- Spread a little tiny bit of honey on the top of the bun and sprinkle on a few sesame seeds (they should stick in place because of the honey).
- Arrange the hamburgers on a plate or wrap in foil.