Baked Garlic Chicken is crispy and flavorful on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. This versatile chicken tastes great sliced over pastas or salads!
Baked Garlic Chicken
Baked Garlic Chicken goes down in our family as the perfect baked chicken! Our mom made something similar to it when we were growing up and she served it with mashed potatoes and beans. Each of us tinkered with the recipe over the years and we can officially say it’s evolved into the actual perfect chicken recipe. It tastes great on its own served with a veggie and a starch for Sunday supper, or sliced over salads, in sandwiches, quesadillas, over pasta and sauce, just about anything!
What Makes the Perfect Baked Chicken?
- This chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, made possible by the egg and bread crumb mixture. It’s an easy method, beginning with egg yolks, butter and garlic.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the egg mixture while you preheat your oven and mix together the dry ingredients.
- We love using Panko Japanese breadcrumbs because the crisp up nice and golden in the oven, creating a delicious crust for the chicken. You can find Panko breadcrumbs next to the breadcrumbs in the grocery store.
- Roll the marinated chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- If there’s any egg mixture left over, pour on top. It helps obtain the golden crust that tastes so yummy.
- Bake the chicken for about 15 minutes on each side until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Let the chicken rest before slicing so the juices have time to redistribute so it doesn’t go dry.
What to Serve with Baked Garlic Chicken
From salads, to soups, to sandwiches to pasta, this chicken turns just about anything into a well balanced, delicious meal. Try it with a few of these recipes:
- Mizithra Pasta (Old Spaghetti Factory Copycat)
- One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles
- Fresh and Easy Lemon Spaghetti
- Nuts about Berries Salad
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- BBQ Chicken Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing
- Ramen Noodle Salad
How to Make Baked Garlic Chicken
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with garlic. Place chicken and egg mixture in a large Ziploc bag, Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and pour into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip marinated chicken in crumb mixture. Place coated chicken in baking dish, and pour remaining egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 15 min on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 9x13 inch pan