Blue Cheese Bombs are little bites of light and buttery blue cheese heaven. With only three ingredients, they’re perfect for a party appetizer or even as a side dish to any meal.
Blue Cheese Bombs
A good friend of mine brought these Blue Cheese Bombs to a party several years ago and was kind enough to give out the recipe. The blue cheese biscuit bites are puffy and buttery and have just the right amount of blue cheese. They are delicious served right from the oven. They are quite addicting and because they are bite-size it is impossible to eat just one. I’m not even a huge fan of blue cheese and yet I could not stop eating these! The delicate cheese flavor is not overpowering and it is complemented by the flavor of the buttery biscuits. And since it’s only three ingredients, they’re super easy to throw together, making it a fun recipe for the kids!
Suggestions for Blue Cheese Bombs
- These little buttery blue cheese biscuit bites are such a quick and easy appetizer! I throw them together for a holiday gathering, a potluck, a family party or even a late night snack.
- They also make a delicious side to soups or salad supper. More fun than just popping open a can of biscuits and it doesn’t take much longer than that to make these!
- If you have picky eaters who won’t eat blue cheese (or picky adults for that matter) they can also be made with shredded cheddar, Gorgonzola, Monterrey Jack, Pepper Jack, mozzarella, just about any kind of cheese you like. I prefer sharp cheddar for the best flavor.
- Store leftover cheese bombs in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, pop a few in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds or until they’re not and cheese is nice and gooey.
- I prefer to use Grands Refrigerated Biscuits from Pillsbury when I make these. I just like the flavor and texture better. Plus if you’re saving box tops for your kiddos you can cut out and save them from this packaging. No this isn’t a sponsored post, but I have been a PTA member and obsessive collector of box tops for years and have to put in my two cents (actually 10 cents).
More Party Worthy Appetizer Recipes
Whether you’re planning a huge party spread or just have a case of the munchies, we have so many delicious bite-size appetizers to choose from! Try a few of our favorites:
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves
- Pork and Veggie Potstickers
- Shrimp Taco Bites with Cilantro Cream Sauce
- Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Meatballs
How to make Blue Cheese Bombs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each individual round of biscuit dough into quarters by cutting it in half vertically and then horizontally.
- Place all biscuit pieces on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over biscuits.
- Pour melted butter over biscuits and blue cheese.
- Bake until biscuits are a golden brown, approximately 8-11 minutes.