Blue Cheese Bombs are little bites of light and buttery blue cheese heaven. The perfect appetizer or side dish to any meal.
A good friend of mine brought these Blue Cheese Bombs to a party several years ago and was kind enough to give out the recipe. The bombs are puffy and buttery and have just the right amount of blue cheese. They are delicious served right from the oven. They are quite addicting and because they are bite-size it is impossible to eat just one.
With only three ingredients, these Blue Cheese Bombs are a quick and easy appetizer to throw together for a holiday gathering, a potluck, a party, or even a late night snack. I also like to prepare them as an easy side when I am serving soup or salad for dinner or lunch. If you have picky eaters at home that won’t eat blue cheese, they can also be made with shredded cheddar – I prefer sharp cheddar for the best flavor.
I use Grands! Refrigerated Biscuits from Pillsbury when I make these Blue Cheese Bombs. I like the flavor and texture over other brands. If you use this brand, don’t forget to cut the box top from the packaging and donate it to your local elementary school. The box tops really do add up to make hundreds of dollars for the school each year… and no, this is not a sponsored post. I have been a PTA member and obsessive collector of box tops for years and have to put in my two cents (actually 10 cents).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each individual round of biscuit dough into quarters by cutting it in half vertically and then horizontally.
- Place all biscuit pieces on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over biscuits.
- Pour melted butter over biscuits and blue cheese.
- Bake until biscuits are a golden brown, approximately 8-11 minutes.