Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets are a summer grilling favorite! We can’t get enough of the Cajun flavors with the shrimp, grilled corn, and sausage. And there is NO MESS!!!
Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets
We make Cajun Shrimp foil packets all the time for dinner in the summer! When the temps start reaching triple-digits, I will do anything I can to keep the heat out of my kitchen. The whole family loves them and there is no mess. Not only are they convenient, but they are filled with shrimp, andouille sausage, corn, potatoes, and lots of Cajun flavor!
Surprisingly, many people I have talked to don’t know how to make grill foil packets. There really isn’t much to them. They are so easy to do! You just throw all the food in, fold it up (see how to fold up grill foil packets below) and put it over a grill, a campfire, or even in the oven.
Added Benefit of Foil Packets – No Mess!
Not only is there virtually no mess when making them, there is no mess when eating them either! My family will eat them right out of the foil packet, crumple up the foil, and throw it away. This is the perfect meal for camping. You can prepare the packets ahead of time and throw them on the fire when you get to your campsite. Clean up is a breeze!
Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets in the Oven
If you don’t have a grill or aren’t wanting the outdoor experience, you can also make these in your oven at 400-degrees for the same amount of time. Place each packet on a cookie sheet and bake as you would on the grill. Another great thing about these foil packets is that each person can make and customize their own, which makes EVERYONE happy. This prevents picking through and removing contents that someone else would enjoy. We like to dip some of the contents of the packets in ranch dressing or BBQ sauce, but it is great as-is if you want to serve it plain.
Are Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets Gluten Free?
Yes! Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets are gluten free when you use a gluten free chicken broth. We like to use Swanson’s Chicken Broth which is always gluten free.
More Recipes for the Grill
If you haven’t tried grill foil packets yet, now is the time. You are going to love them! Also be sure to try our Grilled Foil Ranch Potatoes. They are a great side dish to any outdoor meal. If you are looking for something sweeter, our Grilled Banana Split Boats are the perfect foil-wrapped dessert!
Other Favorite Recipes from New Orleans
We are big fans of the delicious flavors in New Orleans. Check out more of our recipes here:
- Mini Beignets
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Mint Juleps
- Cajun Chicken Po’ Boys
- Pecan Pralines
- Creole Butter Shrimp
- One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
- Red Beans and Rice
How to Make Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets
- 18 pieces corn on the cob (6 full cobs cut in half or in thirds)
- 4 red potatoes washed and cubed
- 25 uncooked shrimp peeled or not, it’s up to you
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup melted butter or olive oil, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth you may not need that much
- 1 Tbsp Cajun/Creole seasoning we like to use Tony Chachere’s brand, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to 400-degrees. You can do this in your oven at the same temperature. Bring all the ingredients to your work area.
- Evenly distribute corn, potatoes, shrimp, and sausage between 4 heavy-duty foil sheets (approximately 12×18 inches each). Drizzle melted butter and about 2 tablespoons chicken broth over each foil packet. Season evenly and generously, to taste, with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Tightly seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam.
- Grill 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, flipping once half-way through
- Serve immediately. (Be careful the steam is HOT)
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill