This Grilled Malibu Chicken is marinated in a honey mustard vinaigrette, grilled to perfection, topped with slices of fresh ham and provolone cheese.
Grilled Malibu Chicken
Grilled Malibu Chicken is a delicious way to dress up grilled chicken. Serve it with a baked potato and a green salad for a nice Sunday dinner, or on a bun and with fries for a tasty lunch. This Grilled Malibu Chicken is a much healthier version of the original (recipe HERE) that our family loves! Instead of being breaded and fried, this chicken is marinated in a tasty honey mustard vinaigrette, then grilled to perfection and topped with slices of fresh deli ham and provolone cheese. And we even have a delicious honey mustard yogurt dip to go along with it. I love this version because it has all the same wonderful flavors but without the guilt.
What Is Malibu Chicken?
Although there are several variations to Malibu chicken recipes, the main points of this dish include chicken breast, topped with Swiss cheese and ham, along with a honey mustard sauce.
Make It A Meal
This Grilled Malibu Chicken goes perfectly with our baked potato wedges (recipe HERE). It also makes an amazing lunch, just put in on a bun or sliced bread and use the honey mustard yogurt dip as a spread. Yum!
Chicken for Dinner
There are so many ways to cook up chicken for a great meal. Check out these other ideas if you’re looking to mix up your poultry fixings.
- Chicken Coconut Curry is a warm, hearty meal layered with sweet and savory flavors. This tastes even better than a restaurant and is cheaper and easier to make.
- Lemon Pepper Chicken is tangy, tender, and so tasty! Made with just four ingredients, it’s perfect for salads, pastas and sandwiches.
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie is the ultimate comfort food. Stuffed with tender chicken and veggies in a creamy sauce and topped with a homemade flaky crust, this is a favorite dish for a warm, cozy, family dinner.
How To Make Grilled Malibu Chicken
For the Marinade:
- Slice chicken into flat halves then place in a plastic bag. Mix up the marinade and pour over the chicken, then seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until thoroughly cooked through and juices run clear. Place chicken on a flat cookie sheet and top with ham slices and provolone and place under the broiler just until cheese begins to melt.
- Mix together honey mustard yogurt dip, and serve with chicken.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill