This Grilled Malibu Chicken is a delicious way to dress up grilled chicken. Serve it with a baked potato and a green salad for a nice Sunday dinner, or on a bun and with fries for a tasty lunch.
This Grilled Malibu Chicken is a much healthier version of the original (recipe HERE) that our family loves! Instead of being breaded and fried, this chicken is marinated in a tasty honey mustard vinaigrette, then grilled to perfection and topped with slices of fresh deli ham and provolone cheese. And we even have a delicious honey mustard yogurt dip to go along with it. I love this version because it has all the same wonderful flavors but without the guilt.
This Grilled Malibu Chicken goes perfectly with our baked potato wedges (recipe HERE). It also makes an amazing lunch, just put in on a bun or sliced bread and use the honey mustard yogurt dip as a spread. Yum!
- 3 chicken breasts filleted into two flat halves (making 6)
- 1/2 pound of sliced deli ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Slice chicken into flat halves then place in a plastic bag. Mix up the marinade and pour over the chicken, then seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until thoroughly cooked through and juices run clear. Place chicken on a flat cookie sheet and top with ham slices and provolone and place under the broiler just until cheese begins to melt.
- Mix together honey mustard yogurt dip, and serve with chicken.