Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki is tender, juicy, and so flavorful! Thinly sliced beef drizzled with a simple homemade teriyaki sauce, this dish is a family favorite!
Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki
This Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki is one of my favorite meals, and one that reminds me of my time living in Hawaii. The tender sliced beef soaks up the homemade teriyaki sauce and creates a sweet, almost candy-like flavor. Served with a simple side of rice or a traditional Hawaiian plate lunch, this beef is my family’s favorite!
Suggestions for Tender Beef Teriyaki
- Marinate thinly sliced flank steak or Carne Asada in the homemade teriyaki sauce for at least six hours in the fridge to really get the meat nice and tender. If you can marinate it overnight that’s even better, but no longer than 24 hours.
- Ditch the bottled teriyaki sauce and make your own! All you need are a few simple pantry ingredients like sou sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger. Mix with pineapple juice and you have a flavorful marinade and sauce that you’ll want to drizzle over just about anything!
- Use the simple teriyaki sauce as a marinade for chicken, shrimp, burgers, stir fry or vegetables.
- To thicken extra marinade for a sauce mix a little cold water with some corn starch and whisk into the mixture. Bring to a boil, then drizzle over meat, veggies or rice.
- Because the beef is so thin, I recommend cooking on the stove top rather than on a grill. It’ll cook up in just a couple of minutes!
- Leftovers make a delightful lunch the next day! You can store beef tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Use leftovers to create a delicious stir-fry! Just chop up any kind of veggies you like, then sautee meat with the vegetables in a frying pan, then serve alone or over rice. Delicious!
What to Serve with Beef Teriyaki
I like to grill some fresh pineapple slices and serve alongside the beef with some simple white rice, or with some of these delicious Hawaiian recipes:
- Hawaiian Style Chicken Long Rice
- Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken
- Authentic Hawaiian Spam Musubi
- Big Kahuna Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork with Cabbage
How to Make Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki
- Mix together all ingredients, excluding beef. Set aside about 1/2 cup of the sauce, cover and refrigerate.
- Place beef in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Press out all the air, seal, and marinate for at least 6 hours (overnight works great).
- Over prepared grill on medium-high heat, grill steak a minute or two on each size until cooked to your desired doneness (with the steak being so thin, you don't have to grill it for too long).
- Place beef in a large bowl, pour remaining sauce over the cooked beef and stir until well covered. Serve with rice and/or grilled fresh pineapple.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill