Homemade Pizza gets the whole family involved while making dinner. Make your favorites like cheese, pepperoni, or Hawaiian, or make something completely unique!
We love recipes that we can make with our kids. Browse our whole list of kid-friendly recipes, and find something that will get your kids excited about being in the kitchen! Start with something super simple like 5-Minute DIY Slushies or Microwave Rice Krispie Treats.
Homemade Pizza is a fun and delicious dinner. Your kids will love to make it and eat it! Even the pickiest eaters will find a pizza topping combo they love. You can make big pizzas for the whole family, or everyone can make their own personal pizza. Set out different sauces, cheeses, and toppings, and see what your family creates! It might be a little messy, but if it gets everyone in the kitchen cooking together, it is worth it.
Topping Ideas for Homemade Pizza
My family is pretty adventurous when it comes to pizza toppings, so we have tried everything from pineapple to prosciutto to pears! Here is a list of topping ideas for your Homemade Pizza that range from classic to totally unique!
- Olive Oil & Garlic
- BBQ Sauce
- Blue Cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Canadian Bacon
- Buffalo Chicken
- Artichoke Hearts
- Fresh Basil
- Butternut Squash
- Roasted Garlic
- Pomegranate Seeds
Top it Off
- Pine Nuts
- Balsamic Glaze
- BBQ Sauce
Do you have any favorite pizza toppings or combinations? Let us know in the comments!
Tips for Cooking Homemade Pizza
When we make Homemade Pizza, I typically cook the pizzas in the oven on my pizza stone. A pizza stone is a thick baking sheet made of stone. I put it in the oven while it preheats. Then, when the oven and the stone are hot, I place the pizza directly on the stone using a spatula or pizza peel. This isn’t a necessary step but it does change the texture of the crust. Essentially, preheating the stone gives the pizza a crispier crust. However, if you don’t have a pizza stone, you can preheat a regular metal baking sheet instead. Whatever you bake your pizza on, make sure to dust the surface with flour or cornmeal so it doesn’t stick!
Other Pizza Recipes You’ll Love
Looking for more pizza recipes? Try some of our favorites!
- Grilled Pesto Pizza
- Chicken Pizza with Lemons
- French Bread Pizza
- Roasted Butternut Squash Flatbread Pizza
- Antipasto Vegetarian Pizza
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Easy Fruit Pizza
- Veggie Pizza Squares
How to Make Homemade Pizza
For the Dough
For the Dough
- Combine water, sugar and yeast in small bowl. Let sit 5 minutes. Add oil to yeast mixture.
- Mix flour and salt together in the bowl of a heavy duty mixer fitted with dough hook.
- Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture and knead on low speed for 10 minutes. (If mixing by hand, knead dough for same amount of time.) Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat. cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Shape into 2 or 4 balls, depending on how big you want your pizzas. Lightly brush dough balls with olive oil and cover completely with plastic wrap. Let rise another 45 minutes.
For the Pizza
- Preheat oven to 450. Place baking sheet or pizza stone in oven while it preheats. Remove dough from plastic wrap and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll each dough ball out into a circle.
- Top with sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings. Lightly dust pizza stone or baking sheet with cornmeal or flour. Transfer pizza to pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until edges are golden brown. Serve immediately.