This Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie will give you the energy to start the day. Also a great recovery drink after a work out!
Why Oatmeal in a Smoothie?
Oatmeal is so good for you! Adding oatmeal to a smoothie is an easy way to add oatmeal into your diet. Here are just some of the health benefits of oatmeal:
- Oatmeal is high in fiber.
- Oatmeal is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory and anti-itching properties (did your Mom ever make you take an oatmeal bath for hives or chicken pox?).
- Oatmeal can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Oatmeal can help with digestion.
- Oatmeal is very filling which can decrease appetite and help with weight loss.
Breakfast On the Go
This Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothies is perfect for breakfast on the go. I can throw one of these into a cup and drink my breakfast while I am running all my kids around to school in the morning. Oatmeal smoothies have become increasingly popular because of their added nutrients and sustaining ability.
One of these smoothies will keep you energized to start the day or can also be a great recovery after a work out. I love the flavor too! For me it’s like having a peach milkshake but better, because this smoothie is only 240 calories!! All the pleasure of a cold and creamy sweet treat without all the guilt, now that is something that I can get behind!
The honey greek yogurt in this recipe makes the smoothie extra smooth. The oatmeal part of it isn’t really overpowering. It is all just a nice balance. Especially if you use a blender like a BlendTec or similar blender you will find you don’t get dry little chunks of oatmeal. It really just tastes like peaches and cream! If you aren’t a fan of almond milk, you can always use fat-free milk instead. I like the slight sweetness of the almond milk with honey but it really won’t make a big difference. It will just add a few more calories.
How to Make a Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
Start your day off right with this delicious Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie. It is sweet, cold, creamy, and good for you!
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Pulse until peaches are blended in well.
- Calories: 240.
More Recipes for Breakfast Smoothies
- Golden Detox Smoothie: Want the benefits of a green smoothie without the, well, GREENness? It’s not easy drinking green (at least for me, anyway). Give this a try if you want a nutrient-packed smoothie that also tastes amazing. And isn’t green.
- Cool Cucumber Green Smoothie: Ok ok, green smoothies aren’t all THAT bad. If you are wanting to ease your way into green smoothies, this is a GREAT starter recipe. It is fresh and flavorful and the greens aren’t overpowering. You will feel energized and detoxified after drinking this.
- Weight Loss Magic Smoothie: If you are really wanting to shed some extra pounds and are a big fan of smoothies, this Weight Loss Smoothie is THE way to go!
- Banana Berry Smoothie: What is is about bananas and berries that is so refreshing? You will love this ultra smooth smoothie. It is the perfect smoothie for summer!
- Still haven’t found the perfect smoothie? Well you are in luck, we have plenty more HERE!