Our Mom’s Zucchini Bread recipe is a no-fail, flavorful and really easy recipe. Moist and flavorful on the inside with a slightly crispy crust outside. Perfection!
Mom’s Zucchini Bread
Our Mom’s Zucchini Bread is absolutely the best! She made this all the time with fresh zucchini from her garden when we were growing up. As kids, it was the only thing with zucchini in it that we would eat willingly. We would eat it all summer long and never get tired of it. The house would always smell warm, slightly sweet and cinnamony and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a slice. I loved it then and I love it now. In fact, I just planted some zucchini in my garden so I can make it later this summer!
Tips for the Best Zucchini Bread
- Near the end of the summer, when you feel like you have zucchini coming out of your ears, put a few in a basket along with this recipe and some of the ingredients (or just give them a loaf of this zucchini bread) and give it to your friends and neighbors.. they will love you forever.
- This recipe makes two loaves so you can eat one today, and freeze the other loaf for later. Sometimes I will make several loaves and freeze them to save for a rainy day when I feel like zucchini bread but don’t feel like making it.
- If you don’t have a garden overflowing with zucchini, most likely most markets have zucchini in stock year-round for pretty cheap. You can make this bread any time; it doesn’t JUST have to be in the summer.
- You can use coconut oil in place of regular oil in this recipe and it is FANTASTIC.
- A reader substituted regular flour for gluten free flour and told us that it worked great! So good news for those of you on a gluten-free diet.
- For an even sweeter treat, top each slice with a spread of homemade cream cheese frosting. Delicious!
More Delicious Sweet Bread Recipes
Zucchini bread is my top favorite but these recipes come in really close! Try a few for yourself. They all make terrific muffins too!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cranberry Almond Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl
- Homemade Banana Bread
- Sally Lunn Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Sweet Coconut Almond Bread
How to Make Mom’s Zucchini Bread
- MAKES TWO LOAVES! Pour into pans lined with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 45 to 60 minutes or when knife comes out clean.