This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This ramen noodle salad is loaded with grilled teriyaki chicken, almonds, sesame seeds, and crunchy noodles, then topped with an amazingly flavorful easy homemade dressing. Ramen noodle salad is easy to make and great as a main dish or side.
Ramen Noodle Salad or Pai Mai
This Ramen Noodle Salad (or as we call it, “Pai Mai”) is a staple salad in my husbands family. It is a great side dish or appetizer with Chinese food but it’s also a recipe we reach for often when we want a lighter meal.
This is definitely one of the best ways to eat noodles. The ramen noodle salad has a lot of crisp to it between the crisp greens and the crunchy ramen noodles. If you haven’t tried ramen noodle salad, you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
What are Ramen Noodles?
Fresh ramen noodles are made up of four ingredients: wheat flour, salt, water, and an alkaline mineral. You can get fresh ramen at speciality grocery stores, and also at many Asian restaurants.
This ramen noodle salad recipe, however, uses the instant variety, as in the favorite of starved college students everywhere. 🙂 Of course, instant ramen noodle soup is easy to find in the grocery store so you can grab everything you need for this ramen noodle salad whenever you do your weekly grocery shopping.
Ramen Noodle Salad Flavor
If you haven’t had them in a while, ramen noodles come in a wide variety of flavors. There are a few that work particularly well with this recipe in my opinion.
- Chicken. Chicken flavored ramen is probably the most popular soup flavor. Because this ramen noodle salad has chicken and so many competing flavors from the dressing, I like this basic staple with it the best.
- Roast chicken. This flavor is also really good with it. It’s similar to the chicken one, but has even more seasoning and flavor. It’s a bit harder to find this one, but if you do – try it!
- Lime chili shrimp. If you want your ramen noodle salad to have a kick to it, this is the ramen to choose. Plus, the shrimp flavor adds something new to the mix!
Read Next: Easy Lunch Ideas
More Asian Recipes:
How to Make Ramen Noodle Salad
Ramen Noodle Salad
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, sesame seeds, almonds and chicken.
- In a separate, small bowl combine sugar, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture into cabbage mixture and toss until cabbage is well coated.
- Refrigerate the cabbage mixture in the fridge to let all the flavors settle in.
- Break up Ramen noodles into pieces and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt over noodles and broil for about 1 minute (keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn).
- Toss salad mixture again then top with noodles immediately before serving (if you do it earlier the noodles will get soggy).