This Pai Mai (Chopped Cabbage and Chicken) Salad is loaded with teriyaki chicken, almonds, sesame seeds, and crunchy noodles. Great as a main dish or side.
This chopped cabbage and chicken salad (or as we call it, “Pai Mai”) is a staple salad in my husbands family. It is a great side dish with Chinese food but we make this and eat it alone all the time.
How to Make Pai Mai
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, sesame seeds, almonds and chicken.
- In a separate, small bowl combine sugar, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture into cabbage mixture and toss until cabbage is well coated.
- Refrigerate the cabbage mixture in the fridge to let all the flavors settle in.
- Break up Ramen noodles into pieces and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt over noodles and broil for about 1 minute (keep a close eye on them so they don't burn).
- Toss salad mixture again then top with noodles immediately before serving (if you do it earlier the noodles will get soggy).