There are so many great flavors in these Tomato Pesto and Chicken Ciabatta Sandwiches! The pesto and mayo sauce combination is incredible with chicken.
These Tomato Pesto and Chicken Ciabatta Sandwiches are SO GOOD and packed with flavor! You are going to love them! In the summertime I love to grill up the chicken on the grill instead of frying them in a pan… the grilled tasted makes an already delicious sandwich even BETTER. These also make a great appetizer… cut a French bread in half, pile everything on (kind of like a pizza) and serve it open-faced and cut into little squares. If you are wanting to make these for a picnic, they are also great served cold, just refrigerate the chicken after it is cooked and serve the pesto-mayo and tomatoes on the side. So easy!
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise in a small bowl, stirring to blend.
- Sprinkle chicken with Montreal seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken to cutting board, and cool slightly. Cut chicken lengthwise into thin slices.
- Preheat broiler. Cut ciabatta rolls in half horizontally. Place bread, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove bread from pan. Spread pesto mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Arrange chicken slices evenly over the bottom half of the bread slices. Top chicken evenly with cheese.
- Place on baking sheet, and broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from broiler and top with bell pepper, tomato, avocado and lettuce (and of course the top half of the bread). Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve.