Blueberry muffins are a year round favorite at our house! They can be a meal all by themselves or a perfect side for when you’re in the mood for a big Sunday style breakfast. I love using fresh blueberries, but if those aren’t available, frozen blueberries also work great!
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just blended.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- Optional Topping:
- Combine all topping ingredients together and place one rounded teaspoon on top of each uncooked muffin before baking.