This Cashew Chicken is better than most Cashew Chicken dishes I have had at Chinese Restaurants! Maybe it’s because I know there isn’t any added MSG or any unknown ingredients. I love the savory chicken pieces with the crunchy cashews. PLUS it is super easy to make! You can have this ready and in the crock pot faster than you can get your kids in the car and drive to the nearest Chinese place for take-out. My family absolutely LOVED this recipe! We served it with some steamed veggies and it was the perfect pairing. You can throw veggies in the crock pot with this dish or you can serve it on the side — whatever is easiest for you!
This original recipe came from Karen at 365daysofcrockpot.com. She is such a sweetheart. I have had the pleasure of meeting her several times and she has some awesome recipes. She gave this one a 5-star rating and I couldn’t agree more. It is delicious! Check out her blog for even more amazing crock pot recipes!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup UNSALTED cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir.