This better than (you know what) cake is always our go-to when we need to whip up a quick dessert. Of course, the traditional name of this cake is something… different… but because this is Favorite “FAMILY” Recipes and because this is a family-friendly site… we will let you fill in the blank on your own 😉 This really is always a hit with guests! It’s nothing fancy, just sinfully delicious cake. We have made this several different ways, you can add any kind of chopped up candy bars on the top, but we love Skor and/or Heath bars the best. We have made this with chopped up Butterfinger before and it is just as good. Make it with your favorite candy to make it just right for YOU. You can also make it fun for kids by adding mini M&M’s or even Reese’s pieces.
- 1 pkg. devil's food, chocolate, or German chocolate cake mix
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4-5 Heath or Skor bars, chopped up
- Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool for about 5 minutes. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes into the cake. Let the cake cool for a little while. Slowly pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake, letting it sink into the holes; then drizzle some of the caramel over the top of the cake.
- Let cake cool completely (I usually cover it and put it in the fridge for a while). Top cake with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with candy bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate a little longer, then serve!