This Piña Colada Cake is bursting with coconut and pineapple. The topping on this cake is to die for! It is the perfect summer dessert!
Piña Colada Cake
I love poke cakes because they are so simple, yet taste like they are much more involved. They are always so moist and usually taste even better the next day. I like serving them when they have chilled for several hours and they are nice and cold all the way through.
For the Cream of Coconut:
You can usually find cream of coconut (or coconut cream) at your local grocery store. It is typically found in the “mixed drinks” section near the alcoholic beverages. It is usually with the flavored syrups and mix-ins. The brand that we use most is “Coco Lopez” but we have seen other brands. Most of the time it comes in a can, but we have also seen cream of coconut in squeeze bottles.
If you want to add a little more color for presentation, you can add a maraschino cherry to the top of each slice of cake when serving. You can also toast some coconut and sprinkle it over the top.
Like this recipe? Try some of these other easy desserts!
- Strawberries and Cream Cake: Strawberries and Cream Cake is a great summer dessert, loaded with fresh strawberries in both the cake and frosting! Perfect for a family get together.
- Hawaiian Guava Cake: Guava cake is a tasty, traditional Hawaiian dessert. It is a guava flavored cake with a whipped cream cheese layer and guava gel glaze. Easy and delicious!
- Coconut Cream Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: This Coconut Cream Cake is a coconut lovers dream! It is a coconut infused cake, with a rich and creamy coconut cream cheese frosting, sprinkled with even more toasted coconut. You will be in coconut heaven with every bite.
How To Make Piña Colada Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions for 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Allow cake to cool about 10 minutes, then poke cake with the back of a wooden spoon so there are holes evenly poked over the cake.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut until well mixed.
- Pour mixture evenly over the top of the cake, trying to get the mixture in all the holes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (tastes best if refrigerated overnight).
- Remove cake from refrigerator.
- Drain crushed pineapple and spread evenly over the top of the cake.
- Combine Cool Whip (or whipped cream) with shredded coconut and spread evenly over the top of the pineapple.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 9x13 inch pan