This California Breakfast Casserole is delicious!! It is easy to make and will please your breakfast guests of all ages! We like to top it with sour cream and salsa. If you are weirded out by the avocado being cooked– dont! It tastes great! However, if you must leave it out of the casserole and just want to use it as a garnish, that is totally ok, too. Enjoy!
- 12 precooked (frozen) breakfast sausage patties, thawed
- 2-3 sliced tomatoes
- 2-3 sliced avocados
- 12 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 pkg. frozen hash browns, thawed (1 Lb)
- 1 c. cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- extra cheddar cheese for topping
- Layer the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan with sausage topped with tomatoes and avocado.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in all other ingredients. Pour hash and egg mixture over the sausage, tomatoes, and avocados.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 min or until well set. Top with extra cheddar right after pulling out of the oven so it melts all over the top. Top with salsa or sour cream.