This is my favorite Shrimp Po Boy recipe ever– I love that the shrimp is buttery and spicy and that you don’t have to deal with breading anything! I love working with shrimp because it cooks up so FAST. We literally had these on the table in less than 15 minutes. They are SO easy– and oh mama they are DELICIOUS! I love the spicy kick of the Creole seasoning (our favorite to use is Tony Chahere’s Creole Seasoning) and the smooth, creaminess of the Cajun sauce. I love the crunch of the cabbage on these sandwiches but you can use lettuce or spinach if you would rather– it doesn’t make that big of a difference. Serve these up with some Baked Potato Wedges (They are SO good with the Cajun Sauce– trust me, it is like fry sauce… but way better).
(makes appx. 4 Po Boy Sandwiches)
- 1 c. Best Foods (or Hellmann's) Mayonnaise
- 2/3 c. ketchup
- 3-4 Tbsp. horseradish sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. to 1 Tbsp. Creole seasoning (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Lb. medium to large shrimp (uncooked, peeled and deveined)
- Creole seasoning, to taste (see our favorite above)
- 4 hoagie rolls (Bratwurst buns work great too)
- shredded cabbage, lettuce, or spinach - to taste
- Combine sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and garlic. When butter is hot and melted, add shrimp. Sprinkle Creole seasoning over the shrimp (remember it can be a little spicy so only sprinkle to your personal taste). When shrimp is pink all the way through (DO NOT OVERCOOK.. remove from heat as soon as it is just cooked through).
- Split rolls open and divide shrimp evenly between each roll. Top with the creamy Cajun sauce and shredded cabbage, to taste. ENJOY!