I could eat California Rolls all day long but they are so expensive to buy here! They are much cheaper to make and not as difficult as you may think!
Ingredients and Supplies to Keep in Mind
Seeing is Believing
Enjoy Even More
You can enjoy several other Asian dishes along with your sushi. For example, this Yakisoba (Japanese Stir Fry Noodles). It features bacon and veggies and is so yummy! The balance between bacon and noodles and loads of fresh veggies make this a well-rounded dish. Or you can try these tasty Asian Glazed Pork Kabobs that can be easily thrown on the grill any time of year.
How to make California Rolls
- Lay the bamboo sushi rolling mat on a cutting board with bamboo strips going horizontally from you. Cover the bamboo with plastic wrap. Put a sheet of dried seaweed on top of the mat, shiny side down. Spread sushi rice on top of the seaweed and press firmly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the sushi rice. Turn the sushi layer over so that the seaweed is on top.
- Place cucumber, avocado and crab lengthwise on the seaweed. Roll the bamboo mat forward, pressing the ingredients inside the cylinder-shaped sushi. Press the bamboo mat firmly with hands, then remove the rolled sushi.
- With a VERY sharp knife, cut the sushi roll into pieces.
- Serve with a shallow dish of soy sauce for dipping.