This Cranberry Sausage Stuffing is the best stuffing ever! It is a sweet and savory stuffing that is always a Thanksgiving favorite!
This is my FAVORITE stuffing recipe BY FAR. We have made it every year the past few years and it is always a big hit. This recipe makes about 8-10 servings so half the recipe if you just have a small group. Oh man, this stuffing is good. It is sweet and savory and just plain amazing. This sausage stuffing is THE best!
- 3 c. whole wheat bread cubed
- 8 c. white bread cubed
- 2 Lb. sage sausage Bob Evans brand works great
- 2 c. chopped onion
- 2 c. chopped celery
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. dried sage
- 1 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 golden delicious apple cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 2/3 c. turkey stock chicken stock works too
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1 c. slivered almonds or walnuts or any kind of nuts, chopped (optional)
- Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 5-7 minutes at 350-degrees or until evenly toasted. Transfer toasted breadcrumbs to a large bowl. In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat, stirring until evenly browned. Add the celery, sage, rosemary and thyme. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Pour sausage mixture over bread in bowl. Mix in apples, cranberries, parsley and almonds. Drizzle with turkey stock and melted butter and toss until evenly coated.
- Spoon into 2 9x13 baking dishes and cook, covered for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.