This Raspberry Cranberry Sauce is a tasty twist on your regular cranberry sauce. The raspberries give it a boost of flavor. Delicious on turkey and rolls!
This raspberry cranberry sauce is a tasty twist on your regular cranberry sauce! I decided to try making it this way because I am crazy about cran-raspberry juice! It turned out so yummy, I am definitely adding this to my Thanksgiving menu from now on.
I am also really excited to try it on our pilgrim sandwiches! That is one of my favorite recipes for leftover turkey and I usually get the cranberry sauce in a can, but this sauce tastes so much fresher and better! When I made this recipe I actually doubled it so I could take some little containers around to my family. This would make for a pretty little holiday gift for friends.
This was really easy to make and pretty inexpensive. I got a huge bag of fresh cranberries at Costco.
- Pour the sugar and water into a large saucepan. Stir together and bring to a boil on high.
- Add the cranberries and raspberries and return to boiling.
- Turn the heat down to medium so it is a low boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl and pour the sauce in so the strainer catches the berries. Use a wire whisk to mash the berries to desired consistency then add them back to the sauce.
- Stir in the almond extract then cover with some aluminum foil and let the sauce cool to room temperature on the counter.
- Spoon sauce in to containers and keep refrigerated.